[Mimedefang] Email in Korean language becomes clutterd and unreadable when received.

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at onet.eu
Tue Nov 10 12:38:18 EST 2009

Aniruddha Barua <zmrif at yahoo.com> wrote:
> One Korean buyer was visiting a Garments factory in Chittagong,
> BANGLADESH. He sent an email in Korean Language to his office in Seoul
> using our SMTP server running MIMEDefang 2.67 + sendmail + clamav. The
> email successfully
> reaches the destination mailbox but when the recipient opens the
> message, he/she finds the entire message to be cluttered and
> unreadable. When the sender sends Korean messages using the same server
> running without the MIMEDefang, the message is readable.
>
> Need help to configure MIMEDefang for Korean and foreign language
> support or to solve the problem otherwise.

Could you post headers of both messages?

Suspect number one:
Lack of declaration of charset used by sending client. The recipients
most likely can guess right *missing* declaration but if any smtp sender
"between" fills missing charset the guessing fails.

[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at onet.eu
The only problem with seeing too much is that it makes you insane.
  -- Phaedrus