[Mimedefang] new install

dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Tue Nov 10 12:07:09 EST 2009

Ive installed mimedefang sucessfully.  Its installed on a redhat dist.
  I copied the redhat init script to /etc/init.d and tried to get it
to start.  I get an error message that says:
Starting mimedefang-multiplexor: ERROR: You must not run
mimedefang-multiplexor as root.
Use the -U option to set a non-root user.
                                                            [FAILED]
Starting mimedefang: ERROR: You must not run mimedefang as root.
Use the -U option to set a non-root user.

Can someone help me with the syntax of the init file so it will start
mimedefang as a user named defang?  Ive been reading throught the
readme and man pages, but dont seem to be able to wrap my brain around
the syntax.

thanks,

ddh

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator

-- Albert Einstein

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in times of moral
crisis, preserved their neutrality."
-- Dante