[Mimedefang] mimedefang fails to start upon reboot

- kd6lvw at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 21:29:54 EST 2009

--- On Mon, 11/9/09, Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de> wrote:
> Am 09.11.2009 20:15 schrieb -:
> > In general, I don't see why anybody should care about
> any bug that doesn't exist with the most current release of
> ALL involved software packages.  Only when it occurs
> with the current releases is it a problem (that hasn't been
> fixed).
>
> You don't run production servers, do you?

Yes, I do (but less than 10).  I don't necessarily update them the day a new release comes out, but I do take note and usually get to it within a week or two, unless a specific problem has been noted.

There have been two times where this has bitten me - both with linux kernel releases (the sis900 bug from last year and last month's sis5513 bug).  All other times, I was able to downgrade to a prior version while a problem was being fixed.

My point was:  If you're not running the current version, then perhaps the upgrade accounts for and fixes the bug that the older version has experienced.  Only if the bug persists with the current version is it really a bug that needs attention.