[Mimedefang] mimedefang fails to start upon reboot

jef moskot jef at math.miami.edu
Mon Nov 9 16:01:48 EST 2009

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, - wrote:
> The current source version of perl is 5.10.1.  Try upgrading.

Argh.  Updating perl requires updating a million other packages.  I
usually don't update unless there's a security issue.

I have updated perl at least once since the problem appeared and it made
no difference.  Is there any guess as to what I should be looking for in
the changelog?  I'd imagine that if no one addressed this issue
specifically it's not fixed.

But, fair enough.  You're of course right and I need to update.

Has anyone else noticed these symptoms?  It could simply be a matter of
some process firing up before some other should.  Maybe I'll add a delay
to the mimedefang startup process before I do the upgrade.

I'll report back if it anything useful comes of it.

Jeffrey Moskot
System Administrator
jef at math.miami.edu