[Mimedefang] mimedefang fails to start upon reboot

jef moskot jef at math.miami.edu
Mon Nov 9 11:00:12 EST 2009

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, David F. Skoll wrote:
> Wow.  I've never seen this behaviour before.  It looks FreeBSD-specific.

It was a while ago now, but I believe the problem began when a new version
of perl was installed (to deal with security fixes).  Current port version
is perl-5.8.9_3, but I think that has changed once since the onset of the
problem.

There seemed to be a round of problems when the original perl change
occurred, and I believe you made some fixes to deal with them, but due to
the lack of a fresh FreeBSD port until recently, I haven't updated until
now.

I assumed the problem would be fixed by one of the changes you made, but
no dice.

Jeffrey Moskot
System Administrator
jef at math.miami.edu