[Mimedefang] Adding headers during filter_sender() and 2.68 Beta 1 issue.

Martin Blapp mbr at freebsd.org
Tue May 26 11:41:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

>I am quite aware that the milter interface accepts header changes only
during the EOM phase.  However, my hack still registers the change (changes
are deferred until EOM).  I certainly did not expect the code to >read the
"RESULTS" file after filter_sender() returns and try to set them there,
otherwise, I would have written a hack that tries to do that (which is
impossible as the milter interface would reject it).

Is this also true for smfi_addrcpt() and smfi_delrcpt() ? If it is allowed
at this stage, I'm missing the support to delete recipients in the post data
stage (mf_data) and any support for mf_data() in mimedefang.pl.

This could be very useful if you still like to be able to allow SMTP probes
for SRS-modified recipient adresses in the per-recipient check, but delete
any bad recipient adresses (with failing or missing BATV/SRS tags) in the
post data stage, without having to save the whole message data to disk.

Valid SMTP-probe ...

>>> MAIL From:<>
<<< 250 2.1.0 <>... Sender ok
>>> RCPT To:<admin at mydomain.ch>
<<< 250 2.1.5 <admin at mydomain.ch>... Recipient ok
>>> RSET
<<< 250 2.0.0 Reset state
>>> QUIT
<<< 221 2.0.0 mydomain.ch closing connection

--
Martin