[Mimedefang] Adding headers during filter_sender() and 2.68 Beta 1 issue.

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sun May 24 19:17:11 EDT 2009

- wrote:

> 1) Please permit filter_sender() to add a header - for SPF check results.

Milter does not support that, which is why MIMEDefang doesn't.

> Because filter_sender() is the appropriate place to generate an
> "Authentication-Results" header (or the now depreciated
> "Received-SPF" header) to place the results of the check into the
> message.  There is no way to carry this information from
> filter_sender() into filter_begin() (or later)

Yes, there is.  $Sender is available, as is $RelayAddress.

> I hacked "insert_header", but perhaps "add_header" should have the
> same changes.

I do not think this hack is necessary.  Do your SPF checks in filter_begin.
Or do them in filter_sender and record the information for later; see
the MAINTAINING STATE section of the mimedefang-filter man page.