[Mimedefang] Mimedefang and sendmail queueing

- kd6lvw at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 04:22:08 EDT 2009

--- On Wed, 6/10/09, Stefan Schoeman <stefan at internext.co.za> wrote:
> Basically, I run a number of relay servers that do a couple
> of things with mail (Anti Virus, Anti-Spam, Mail splits,
> funny redirects and so on). What I am finding is that there
> are times where I would like to alter the queuing strategy
> of the mail. As an example, I may get in some really big
> emails for a given client that I know will take too long to
> deliver to them. What I would like to do with such mails, is
> defer their delivery so that they will rather deliver
> overnight than say right now. It's almost as if I'd like to
> place such mails into a different mail queue, that have
> differently timed queue runners to process them....

Queueing is purely a function of sendmail.  The only control given via the milter interface to MD (or any other milter) is the ability to quarantine a message.  There is no milter queue selection.

You should probably ask your question on Usenet NG "comp.mail.sendmail" (if you haven't already done so).