[Mimedefang] Blocking Dictionary Attacks

afo cliff afocliff at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 10:20:36 EDT 2009

Renaud,

>FILTERING BY RECIPIENT
>     You can define a function called filter_recipient in your filter.  This
>      lets  you  reject  messages  to certain recipients, rather than waiting
>      until the whole message has been sent.  Note that  for  this  check  to
>      take place, you must use the -t flag with mimedefang.

Thanks for the info.  It mentions using the -t flag ... however, I
start mimedefang with "service mimedefang start" so I don't have any
control over the flags that are being used.  How would I do that?  A
"ps ax" shows it's being started like this, so no "t" option :(

 2294 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/bin/mimedefang -P
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.pid -m
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.sock -R -1 -U defang -q
-p /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock