[Mimedefang] Blocking Dictionary Attacks

afo cliff afocliff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 22:30:52 EDT 2009

Les,

That's a great idea!  I tried it but no matter what I do, sendmail is
letting everything through.  Virtusertable is configured correctly in
sendmail.mc, also did the appropriate makemap.  I think something has
changed in sendmail (I have 8.13.8).  I've searched the world over 10
times and tried many different combinations in virtusertable &
mailertable and no matter what it relays everything.  I know it is
looking at the virtusertable because sendmail lets me know if I put an
error in the file.  The closest I can come is to use the access table
in a similar fashion.  That does work but I can't find a way NOT to
send a reject message.  That's one thing I don't want to do is to tie
up my server sending 10,000 rejects to a zombie somewhere.  If I use
the DISCARD command, then it tosses the whole email and nobody gets
it, even valid users.

Is there some trick to making your suggestion work?

Cliff