[Mimedefang] Blocking Dictionary Attacks

afo cliff afocliff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 17:33:54 EDT 2009

Thanks Matt ... now I'm makin copies :)

I need to have a way to stop dictionary attacks ... unless there is a
better way I was going to extract the TO address and discard the email
in mimedefang-filter if the user did not exist when compared against a
database table of valid users.  I'd be interested to know the
preferred way to handle this.

If this is a "roll your own" situation, then I have a question
regarding multiple-addressee emails.  I plan to use the
stream_by_domain option. At what point can I look at the email after
it has been split into individual emails in order to do the database
comparison?

Thanks in advance,

Cliff