[Mimedefang] Macro Built-In Defaults / _ Macro Question

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Jul 16 16:08:20 EDT 2009

I'm looking at the built-in Macros and the _ macro in the SendmailMacros
hash looks like a possibility to replace doing a reverse lookup on hosts.
The theory being (and someone else has mentioned this) that this portion of
my reverse DNS check in the milter is duplicative of a reverse PTR lookup.

Does anyone know the Macro that contains the IP and the reverse lookup for
that IP from Sendmail?  Or is _ the best one and I should parse it for
(.*)\s*[(.*)] or something similar?

Regards,
KAM