[Mimedefang] spamtrap question

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Jan 28 08:59:27 EST 2009

Many people do their SPAM testing prior to receiving the message so this
should be quite possible in filter_end.  I've never done it, though so this
is just my $0.02 because you peaked my curiosity.

You are going to have to deal with whether to use streaming (which won't
allow for a mid-stream response prior to accepting the email). This pseudo
code might get you started but I'm only allowing for emails address to this
person and only this person:

filter_end {
  $to_bounce = 0;
  $not_to_bounce = 0;
  foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
    if ($recip =~ m/<?someone\@somewhere.com>?/i) {
      $to_bounce++;
    }else {
      $not_to_bounce++;
    }
  }

  if ($to_bounce > 0 && $not_to_bounce < 1) {
      action_quarantine_entire_message("Message quarantined because of old
users");
      $quarantine_dir = get_quarantine_dir();
      md_syslog( 'info', "$QueueID: MSG Quarantined: $quarantine_dir");
      return action_bounce("This user not accepted here");
    }
  }

However, in the end I question whether "trapping" once working emails is
likely a tainted source that will lead to false-positives in my opinion.
Our firm switched names nearly 10 years ago and we still get plenty of
legitimate mail from the old name.

regards,
KAM