[Mimedefang] after body rejects and deliver :-)

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at onet.eu
Fri Jan 16 18:31:17 EST 2009

Jeff Makey <jeff at sdsc.edu> wrote:

>>Has anybody used mimedefang in additional "reject after body but mark
>>and deliver too"?
>
> The best way I found to do this is to have the milter send a copy of
> the marked message via a new sendmail subprocess, then reject as usual
> in the milter.

Thanks for the suggestion [option zero].

> Rejecting and delivering is a blatant violation of the RFCs, but it
> can be useful for suspected spam.

Delivering (to separate folder) solely for purpose of "reporting as
spam" (if the recipients decides to spend some time to take a look and
confirm) is quite unlike "standard delivery" (IMHO).

It would break the letter but not the spirit (IMHO).

[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at onet.eu : anfi at xl.wp.pl
You get what you pay for.
  -- Gabriel Biel