[Mimedefang] Disclaimers and MIME

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Feb 10 05:17:16 EST 2009

--On Tuesday, February 10, 2009 9:32 AM +0100 renaud.pascal at atosorigin.com
wrote:

>  Though, I suppose it'd be much easier to add a Mime-type: text/disclaimer
> and make a standard that any disclaimer MUST be an attachment.

Since the problem is legal, it might be better to append the laws requiring
disclaimers to also require that they use this MIME type. This puts the
burden on the lawyers and those who pay them, instead of letting them
wiggle free because they use substandard mail clients. (You know, the ones
that splatter HTML full of W3C violations that make spam filtering so hard.)