[Mimedefang] Identify which sendmail process

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Feb 10 10:39:41 EST 2009

Robert T. Covell wrote:

> We have two sendmail processes running that will utilize the same MD
> filter.

You could set a macro in the config file and pass it in to MIMEDefang;
see the "mimedefang" and "mimedefang-filter" man pages.

> So we are storing the sender domain in
> filter_sender and referencing that in filter_end.

That won't work, for reasons described in "man mimedefang-filter",
section "GLOBAL VARIABLE LIFETIME"

It's unnecessary anyway, because all envelope information is available
in filter_begin/filter/filter_end.