[Mimedefang] Re : HTML Boilerplates Disclaimers and image files e.g. jpeg/tiff

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Feb 5 11:30:59 EST 2009

Ernst wrote:

> I can't agree more. [...]  The South African government requires by
> law that all e-mail messages originating from South African
> companies MUST contain a disclaimer.

That is very sad.  I believe the UK has a similar law.  I apologize
if my original reply seemed a bit harsh.

I wonder if the ZA government anticipated silliness like this?
http://www.pioneerfoods.co.za/downloads/pdf/email_disclaimer.pdf

Or how the folks at
http://www.hsrc.ac.za/Corporate_Information-10.phtml (who claim "This
e-mail legal notice shall at all times take precedence over any other
e-mail disclaimer(s) received by employees or contractors utilising
the communications facilities of HSRC.") will react to the disclaimer
the MIMEDefang list adds?  The mind boggles at the jurisdictional bickering...

(I have fond memories of Johannesburg, having spent the first 11 years
of my life there.  But all in all, I'm glad I'm in Canada now.)