[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.68-BETA-2 is available

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Dec 30 11:32:00 EST 2009

Hello,

MIMEDefang 2.68-BETA-2 is available from http://www.mimedefang.org/download

The primary motivation for this beta release is to make MIMEDefang work
properly with the SpamAssassin 3.3.0 release candidate.  I'd appreciate
it if as many people as possible could test this release, especially
with SpamAssassin 3.3.0.

Full changelog since 2.67 follows.

2009-12-30  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

* MIMEDefang 2.68-BETA-2.

* Try hard not to lose any STDERR messages before reaping a slave.

* Make the C code call smfi_setmlreply if (1) the milter library
supports it and (2) the Perl code returns a multi-line reply.

* Convert an IPv6-mapped IPv4 address to pure IPv4.  That is,
convert ::ffff:a.b.c.d simply to a.b.v.d.

* Make rm_r more robust.

* Set TMPDIR environment variable to $workdir/tmp before
scanning; this should make Perl temporary files use the ramdisk.

* Various code cleanups.

* When creating the Mail::SpamAssassin object, set user_dir
to /var/spool/MD-Quarantine.  Fixes problems with SpamAssassin
3.3.0.

2009-03-31  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

* MIMEDefang 2.68-BETA-1.

* Make "Overlong line in RESULTS file" a permanent, rather than
temporary, failure.

* Eliminate a possible race condition in SIGTERM handling.  On
busy, underpowered servers, this could result in the multiplexor
spontaneously terminating all slaves and unlinking its socket.

* Check for both POLLIN and POLLHUP if we use poll()

* Fix bug in closing of file descriptors after forking; we'd
sometimes close our status descriptor by mistake.

* Remove some pointless fcntl() calls.

* Fix bug with Perl 5.10 and embedded perl, mentioned at
NOTE: This is a bug in Perl, not MIMEDefang, but we need to work
around it.

* Consume and log any STDERR output even if slave has terminated.