[Mimedefang] Email resend

Dave O'Neill dmo at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Dec 10 13:57:59 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 01:48:49PM -0500, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> Yep, that was my thought as well.  I've just never looked at how an MUA
> handles a BCC.  Is it typical that it actually sends disparate copies of
> the email?

Well, if sending via direct SMTP to a friendly relay, it would just add
extra RCPT's in the envelope and send one body during DATA.  Then, the
relaying MTA would handle splitting it out (usually one copy per RCPT
domain, but sometimes one copy per recipient).

Cheers,
Dave
--
Dave O'Neill <dmo at roaringpenguin.com>    Roaring Penguin Software Inc.