[Mimedefang] Email resend

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Dec 9 11:06:31 EST 2009

> I would like to build a feature for my users to resend email that perhaps
> they have inadvertently deleted or has been mislabeled as spam.  I altered
> mimedefang to begin saving each email (by copying INPUTMSG).  However, I
> can't find where mimedefang actually sends INPUTMSG so that I can
> duplicate
> that.  Does anyone know how I can send a saved INPUTMSG using sendmail?

Cliff, you would be better off looking at the
action_quarantine_entire_message().  However, this is the command I use
courtesy of DFS that utilizes the information from the quarantine to
recreate a valid mbox format message.

(echo "From `cat SENDER | tr -d '<>'` `date`"; cat ENTIRE_MESSAGE) >
message.mbox

I do not know for certain this includes bcc:, etc. and is an exact copy.   I
use it primarily about 1x a month to retrieve something that I block.

Perhaps it will help.

Regards,
KAM