[Mimedefang] MimeDefang: Perl core dump

Dr John Halewood john at unidec.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 07:26:21 EST 2009

(snip)
> > What were your options in "./configure" command?
>
>  $ ./configure --sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc
> --with-confsubdir=mimedefang --with-user=mailnull
> --with-spooldir=/var/spool/MIMEDefang
> --with-quarantinedir=/var/spool/MD-Quarantine --prefix=/usr/local
> --prefix=
> /usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/man --infodir=/usr/local/info/
> --build=amd64-portbld-freebsd7.2
Can't help but notice that your editing /etc/rc.d/mimedefang, and not seeing
the changes propogate, but your configure script is pointing sysconfdir to
/usr/local/etc. Wouldn't be at all suprised if mimedefang is actually
reading the configuration data out of there instead, which might explain a
few things. Not sure about why the multiplexor isn't starting up though,
unless there's a permissions problem.

Regards
John