[Mimedefang] Suggestions on an HTML sanitize program.

Michael D. Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Wed Apr 29 14:10:47 EDT 2009

Greetings,

Not directly a Mimedefang issue, but users of mimedefang are likely to
have looked into this problem.

I have a need to sanitize HTML primarily to remove and scripts.  Since
the last time I looked at Perl modules the field of candidates has
expanded.  I'm looking for suggestions.  The three I'm considering are:

	HTML::Defang
	HTML::Detoxifier
	HTML::StripScripts

I am leaning towards HTML::Defang.  But, HTML::Detoxifier has a simple
interface, and does some HTML cleanup as well. All three appear to be
good choices.  My primary need is to ensure scripts are removed from the
input (to the degree that is possible). The application is already busy,
so low memory overhead, and processing speed are important.

I'm interested in any feedback, or suggestions for other Perl modules.

Mike
Michael D. Sofka               sofkam at rpi.edu
C&MT Sr. Systems Programmer,   Email, TeX, Epistemology
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.  http://www.rpi.edu/~sofkam/