[Mimedefang] message_rejected not working?

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue Apr 28 16:06:32 EDT 2009

I'm testing a bad attachments routine in filter().

Emails to multiple recipients seem to have the same entity tested
repeatedly.  However, I'm not using stream_by_recipient so I would have
thought that an action_discard() would have triggered the "return if
message_rejected()" test at the beginning of the filter() subroutine.

Specifically, I have this code:

if ($rv eq '127.0.0.2') {
  md_graphdefang_log('bad_image', $fname, $type);
  action_bounce("This file not accepted here.");
  return action_discard();
}

However, the logs show the same entity being tested for each recipient:

Apr 28 14:09:40 intel1 mimedefang.pl[28930]:
MDLOG,n3SI9SdS007637,bad_image,DSC3103.png,image/png,<denouncefe342 at perry33.munge-freeserve.co.uk>,<binfo at removed.edu>,Morning
after headaches are easily eliminated.
Apr 28 14:09:40 intel1 mimedefang.pl[28930]:
MDLOG,n3SI9SdS007637,bad_image,DSC3103.png,image/png,<denouncefe342 at perry33.munge-freeserve.co.uk>,<boyd at removed.edu>,Morning
after headaches are easily eliminated.

I've read the man page and believe that action_bounce should make
message_rejected() return true.  But it really doesn't seem to short-circuit
things.  Is this expected behavior or have I done something wrong?

Regards,
KAM