[Mimedefang] which mimedefang.pl us used

Jon Rowlan jon.rowlan at sads.com
Mon Apr 20 13:15:37 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a bespoke mimedefang.pl script and because I want to keep all my
bespoke stuff in the one place I have this in /etc/mail (Debian)

In that way I can get a cpio dump of the /etc/mail directory emailed to
me each day as a backup using mutt.

I recently installed a new server and used standard practices to match
packages and copied my /etc/mail directory contents into place where
required.

I couldn't work out why my mimedefang.pl did not seem to be working
until I realised that the one that was running was in /usr/bin.

I have checked the /etc/init.d/mimedefang startup script and the
mimedefang.conf script but cannot work out why one server uses
/etc/mail/mimedefang.pl and the other uses /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl

Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

Jon Rowlan