[Mimedefang] $Features not showing Net::DNS

Andrzej Adam Filip andrzej.filip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 13:05:12 EDT 2009

"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
>
>> If you prefer performance perspective:
>> It means needless system calls.
>
> That's a micro-optimization.  Have you ever measured SpamAssassin's
> performance?  Trying to avoid opening 3 or 4 sockets is completely
> pointless if you're using any kind of content-filtering at all.
> (We've done many performance tests and have a pretty good idea where
> the bottlenecks are.)

Anyway SpamAssassin avoids "one socket per one DNS query" it its DNS
lookups perl package but the package has not been written for
"outside SA" use. If somebody uses SpamAssassin filtering anyway then
using its parallel DNS queries mechanism may be a good (but not simple)
idea.

[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at onet.eu
"Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
  -- Thomas Paine