[Mimedefang] recover quarantined zip file attachment

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Sep 18 22:54:05 EDT 2008

> Does anyone know how to recover quarantined zip files? I get
> MDLOG,m8IER5QW024275,bad_filename,file.zip. I have search the entire
> system for "file.zip" but couldn't find any.
> My /var/spool/MD-Quarantine directory is empty. Thanks.

Chris,

What logic do you have for checking filter_bad_filename because it sounds
like you may need to change your filter to use
action_quarantine_entire_message and then cd to /var/spool/MD_Quarantine and
go into the proper directory.

>From there, you can rebuild the email so you can view it.

For example, I occasionally use this command to create an mbox compatible
file which I interact with in mutt:

(echo "From `cat SENDER | tr -d '<>'` `date`"; cat ENTIRE_MESSAGE) >
message.mbox && mutt -f message.mbox

Regards,
KAM