[Mimedefang] Problem with permissions

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Tue Sep 9 22:33:09 EDT 2008

On Jan 31,  6:39am, "Bill Maidment" wrote:
} On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 20:33:44 -0500 (CDT), asbaeza wrote
} > I guess you changed the mode of the M
} > IMEDefang directory in order to test, did not you? So, have you restart
} > mimedefang after that?
} >
} > > On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 19:58:29 -0500 (CDT), asbaeza wrote
} > >> MIMEDefang directory must have 755 perms
} > >
} > > I think not, but anyway even with 755 it fails the same way.
}
} Yup
}
} Starting clamd:                                            [  OK  ]
} Starting spamd:                                            [  OK  ]
} Starting freshclam:                                        [  OK  ]
} Checking filter syntax: OK
} Starting mimedefang-multiplexor:                           [  OK  ]
} Starting mimedefang:                                       [  OK  ]

     You may need some kind of delay here.  It's possible that
MIMEDefang isn't ready when sendmail starts.  I think milters are
checked for each message.  Does mail flow normally after system startup
is completed?

} Starting sendmail: 451 4.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 1804: Xmimedefang: local socket
} name /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock unsafe: Permission denied
}                                                            [FAILED]
} [root at b090lx44 etc]# ls -ld /var/spool/MIMEDefang/
} drwxr-xr-x 2 defang defang 140 2008-09-10 12:01 /var/spool/MIMEDefang/

     BTW, this is wrong.  It should be 700.  Do you really want
everybody that can login to the system to be able to read in-transit
mail?

}-- End of excerpt from "Bill Maidment"