[Mimedefang] mimedefang behavior pre-HELO and on incomplete connections

Michiel Brandenburg apex at xepa.nl
Sun Oct 26 19:50:33 EDT 2008

Michiel Brandenburg wrote:
> define(`confTO_HELO', `<time u want them to hang around>')dnl
Oops .. I was too late .. the confTo_HELO is a response to the helo
command .. I think u need to look at the (for sendmail)
----
define(`confTO_CONNECT', `3m')dnl
----
param, although watch out .. u might be braking the rfc for it .. seems
to be at 5 min or so, but some oses enforce this .. at 300 secs I seem
to remember but I might be off.  Also take a look at the confTO_ICONNECT
param .. this is usualy only for it your sendmail connects to another
server.

But on a side note .. mimedefang relies on milter .. and there is no
function within milter called to tell filters that sendmail dropped a
connection. As David pointed out only xxfi_connect will get called none
of the others will get called in your situation. The abort might be
called ( not looked at the source ) but I'm quite sure that your perl
code will never get to know about it.  It might be nice that there were
a perl function called if that were to happen .. I know that my servers
are getting lots of probes .. and it would to know about them.
--
Michiel Brandenburg