[Mimedefang] Logging without syslog

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 22:00:58 EDT 2008

I want to log stuff in mimedefang, but dislike syslog because it drops
packets/loglines, and am too lazy to install syslog-ng.

My obvious thought is to do this in my subroutines:

local(*A);open(A,">>mylogfile");print A "my stuff\n";close(A);

Problem: since mimedefang is multithreaded, 2+ slaves may have
mylogfile open for append at the same time, right?

Thoughts? Can I do some sort of locking?