[Mimedefang] Solaris 9 problem

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed Oct 29 13:21:51 EDT 2008

--On Tuesday, October 28, 2008 13:19 -0700 Jeff Makey <jeff at sdsc.edu> wrote:

> So, MIMEDefang 2.63 is not compatible with Sun kernel patch 122300-31,
> but MD 2.65 is?  I just want to be clear about what is broken and what
> works.  (2.63 works normally for me with 122300-30.)

The problem is not MIMEDefang.  Of 11 hosts that were patched, 4 have
had weird problems since then, including sshd not allowing users other
than root, and emacs segfaulting, and spamassassin returning an error
to MD.

We did a clean install on a test host and all that stuff works fine,
so we will do the same to the 4 production hosts.

With any luck, this will not happen to you :-)

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer