[Mimedefang] Ignoring sendmail aliases

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 23:13:46 EDT 2008

I just realized I never mentioned my real problem in my original
message (aside from being scatterbrained, apparently).

The problem: sendmail rejects the "RCPT TO:" with a user unknown. It
then (known bug) passes it along to mimedefang, where I OK it, but
it's too late:

== CUT HERE ==

Oct 27 22:46:46 devmx sm-mta[17796]: m9RMkjoM017796: <-- RCPT
TO:<foo at xyz.com>

Oct 27 22:46:46 devmx sm-mta[17796]: m9RMkjoM017796: --- 550 5.1.1
<foo at xyz.com>... User unknown

Oct 27 22:46:46 devmx sm-mta[17796]: m9RMkjoM017796:
<foo at xyz.com>... User unknown

Oct 27 22:46:46 devmx sm-mta[17796]: m9RMkjoM017796:
milter=mimedefang, action=rcpt, continue

Oct 27 22:46:46 devmx sm-mta[17796]: m9RMkjoM017796: Milter: rcpts:
<foo at xyz.com>

== CUT HERE ==

How do I tell sendmail to stay out of the validating-recipients business?

I'm pulling both the valid recipients and their "true" delivery
addresses from LDAP. I realize sendmail can do this directly, but
there's a lot of potential in having mimedefang do it (eg, one-use
addresses, expiring addresses, addresses that only work after you've
validated on a website, etc)

DISCLAIMER: This message has no disclaimers.