[Mimedefang] OWA spam scripting attack

Ray Spinhirne rays at admin.stedwards.edu
Thu Oct 23 14:57:04 EDT 2008

I was just discussing this with your sales folks.

I would be willing to provide some modest funds but would need
others to pitch in to share the load.

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008, David F. Skoll wrote:

> Todd Aiken wrote:
>
> [Spammers send spam using stolen credentials via OWA]
>
>> Just wondering if anybody has any ideas at how to stop this from happening?
>
> cut [discussion of per sender rate limits]

It appears that quite a few educational institutions are having this
same problem.  We have spam filtering of outgoing email.  However,
this does not really seem to the abuse.

Ray Spinhirne
St. Edward's University