[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang and GnuPG (cryptographic signatures)

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Wed Oct 15 07:11:00 EDT 2008

Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
> Could you recommend links with (tested) recipes how to implement
> verification of GnuPG signatures in MIMEDefang milter?

Our filter at
<http://whatever.frukt.org/mimedefangfilter.text.shtml>
uses Crypt::OpenPGP to verify signatures. It should work for
GnuPG signed messages AFAIK.

I haven't checked to that part of the code for a while, and we
currently doesn't use the PGP verification results for anything
in the gateway (except putting info in headers).

I did test it when I implemented it though, and I did use it for
whitelisting at that time, but I don't remember if I tested it
specifically with any GnuPG signed messages.

I do see succesful PGP verification info in out
"Authentication-Results" headers, but I have no idea what
software was used to sign those messages.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, FSDB & Fruktträdet