[Mimedefang] MDF / SA whitelisting not working

Ron Wilhoite ronw at bals.org
Tue Oct 14 19:52:15 EDT 2008

On 10/14/2008 05:58 PM Nigel Allen wrote:

> We have the following code in filter-end:
>
>    # Spam checks if SpamAssassin is installed
>    if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
>        if (-s "./INPUTMSG" < 128*1024) {
>            my($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();
>            if ($report =~
> /URIBL_(SC|WS|AB|JP|OB)_SURBL.+\n\s+\[URIs:\s(.+)]/) {
>                my $rbl = $1;
>                my $uri = $2;
>                return action_bounce("This message contains a URL
> referring to a domain ($2) that is listed on the $rbl URI RBL, and will
> not be accepted by this system.  If you feel you have received this
> message in error, please notify postmaster\@edrs.com.au");
>            }
>

> Even when I add rules to spamassassin's local.cf to whitelist our
> domains, I still get the "This message......" popping up whenever I send
> a message containing a URL appearing on one of the RBL blacklists.

Fairly certain all the SpamAssassin whitelist rules just add another
rule to the report (and lower the score). They don't delete any *RBL
rules that also hit.

Here's the first example I found - not RBL-related, but the same idea:
-97.88,HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_QP_LONG_LINE,MY_CID_AND_ARIAL2,
MY_CID_AND_CLOSING,MY_CID_ARIAL2_CLOSING,USER_IN_WHITELIST

Ron Wilhoite