[Mimedefang] Validate forged local sender

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 06:59:29 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:40, Stephen Carr
<sgcarr at civeng.adelaide.edu.au> wrote:
> Dear list
>
> I am trying to block spams that have the sender forged as a non existent
> user in our domain but the recipient is a valid email address.

Sounds like SPF would help (www.openspf.org) and possibly DKIM (www.dkim.org).

Both are methods of reducing the amount of mail that forge the sender
to be from your domain.  SPF seems to be more widely used, probably
because it takes less effort to deploy and check.  Neither however are
very difficult.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor