[Mimedefang] Can't filter after last recipient, right?

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Sun Nov 23 18:40:31 EST 2008

On Apr 15,  9:03am, "Kelly Jones" wrote:
}
} I'd like to filter messages after the client has sent the last
} recipient, but before I incur the bandwidth penalty of seeing the
} whole message's DATA stream.
}
} I don't think I can do that, but wanted to confirm.
}
} The only way to tell that someone is the last recipient is when the
} client sends "DATA". At that point, it's too late: there are no milter
} calls until the client has sent ".\n".
}
} In other words, once you see "DATA", you're stuck getting (not
} necessarily accepting) the whole message, right?

     sendmail will call the milter and give it a chance to reject the
DATA command (I just confirmed this with a quick glance at the sendmail
8.14.1 source code).  Off the top of my head, I don't know if
MIMEDefang supports doing this though.  If it doesn't, it shouldn't be
hard to add.

}-- End of excerpt from "Kelly Jones"