[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin via mimedefang is slow

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Nov 7 10:24:09 EST 2008

Daniel Bourque wrote:

>    my $mail = $spamtest->parse(\@message,0);
>    my $status = $spamtest->check($mail);
>    my $hits = $status->get_hits;
>    my $req = $status->get_required_hits();
>    my $names = $status->get_names_of_tests_hit();
>    my $report = $status->get_report();
>    return($hits, $req, $names, $report);

That will leak memory like you wouldn't believe.  You need
to call:

   $mail->finish();
   $status->finish();

before returning.  If it happens that those are what's taking a long time,
then your fix may make spamassassin run faster... at the cost of leaking
memory like a sieve and littering /tmp with thousands of files. :-(