[Mimedefang] Spamassassin and MimeDefang custom rules

Jon Rowlan jon.rowlan at sads.com
Sat Nov 1 07:20:43 EDT 2008

> 1.  XYZZYX = 2.0
> 2.  QWWWWQ = 3.0
> 3.  QXQXQX = 5.0

> And then include these as necessary to make the score in the range you
> wanted.  However, watch out for the auto-whitelist (AWL) rule, and use
the
> defang account to remove your test address from the whitelist between
tests.

> b) over 5 but under 10 - so I can change subject
> c) over 10 - so I can reject the mail

> As above, plus the >10 test is easy - add the sender address to the SA
> blacklist, which will guarantee a score of +100 on top of the other
rules.

Thanks Paul, I am happy now that I can prove my tests are working.

I only use the test rarely so I am simply going to raise the score to
add a report to my mail until I get an SA attached report and then when
I am getting the report, work out the effect of my AWL etc and then can
force the quarantine rule (which I will set at a score of 10 for a
trigger).

Its working fine for me now.

Cheers,

jON