[Mimedefang] Solaris SMF startup files for mimedefang

Andrew Watkins andrew at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Wed May 14 12:49:54 EDT 2008

Kimmo Jaskari wrote:
> mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com scribbled on :
>
>> Anyway, I will work on check that SMF file is working correctly and
>> check opensolaris discussions group about licenses.
>
> One thing I was thinking you might want to consider adding is an entry making sendmail dependent on mimedefang. That's doable in the mimedefang XML file directly; instead of adding a dependency, you add sendmail as a dependent.
>
> That should keep sendmail off until such a time that mimedefang has started.

I have done some major changes since my last post, so he is an update.
First the warning! I am still testing the scripts and when I am happy
with then I will post a full description.

mimedefang.xml
	: added more dependency
	: sendmail a dependent (mimedefang starts before sendmail)
	: added properties (only required if using new start script)

init-mimedefang :
	: located in /usr/local/mimedefang/bin/init-mimedefang
		: should it go into /lib//lib/svc/method/ ?
	: added smf_include.sh
	: reads properties of service
		: svcprop -p config/mx_user mimedefang
	: altered stop_it code