[Mimedefang] Sendmail reverse DNS not making it to MIMEDefang

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Tue May 13 15:25:15 EDT 2008

On 13 May 2008 at 15:07, Joseph Brennan wrote:

> The host has a PTR to a name that has no A record.  That's why
> you see "(may be forged)".  Sendmail does not report that name to
> milter.  Note,
>
> $ host 204.9.124.194
> 194.124.9.204.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer host.lightcore.net.
> $ host host.lightcore.net
> Host host.lightcore.net not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

That works.  I hadn't done the forward lookup after the reverse.

Since I'm storing this in a database for later (although I don't use
the hostname for anything yet), I don't really want anything that isn't
mostly accurate, and this reverse/forward double-check will keep it
better.

Thanks.

--
Jeff Rife |