[Mimedefang] mimedefang and simple spamassassin test

Ron Wilhoite ronw at bals.org
Mon May 5 09:41:39 EDT 2008

On 05/05/2008 09:18 AM Jon Rowlan wrote:
> I have the rules in both files so one or the other should trigger.
>
> Also, I always stop/restart all mail services including mimedefang when
> I change these things .. so the rules should have been loaded properly.
> I presume that "md-mx-ctrl reread" is to refresh rules when they are
> changed during the run life of the mimedefang multiplexor?

Sorry, I don't know the effect, if any, of having both a local.cf and an
sa-mimedefang.cf. "spamassassin --lint -D" might provide some clues.

 From man md-mx-ctrl:

reread	Forces mimedefang-multiplexor to kill all idle slaves, and
terminate and restart busy slaves  when  they  become  idle. This forces
a reread of filter rules.

Ron