[Mimedefang] Sendmail 8.14.3 vs. mimedefang

Andrzej Marecki amr at astro.uni.torun.pl
Mon May 5 03:47:59 EDT 2008

Sendmail 8.14.3 has just been released. This version just fixes a few bugs
including this one: "the libmilter state engine did not deal correctly with
milters that requested the omission of protocol steps during the negotiation
callback".

I don't know if *this* is the reason or not but whatever the true reason is,
libmilter.a of ver. 8.14.3 breaks mimedefang-2.64; when mimedefang that has
been compiled with new libmilter.a is started, a massage:

/usr/local/bin/mimedefang: smfi_register failed

appears and the mimedefang daemons do not start.

A simple workaround I adopted is that I reverted to previous version of
mimedefang binaries, i.e. those compiled with libmilter.a of Sendmail 8.14.2.
It works fine with Sendmail 8.14.3. However, given that, obviously, mimedefang
should be compiled with libmilter.a of that version of Sendmail mimedefang
actually works with, I suspect mimedefang needs a fix.

Am I right, David?

--
Andrzej

Andrzej Marecki                |
Torun Centre for Astronomy     |   e-mail: amr at astro.uni.torun.pl
N. Copernicus University       |   WWW:    http://www.astro.uni.torun.pl
ul. Gagarina 11                |   tel: +48 56 6113032
PL-87-100 Torun, POLAND        |   fax: +48 56 6113009