[Mimedefang] NS records for a sub-domain

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Mar 19 14:23:39 EDT 2008

I have a site, a school district, that is a sub-domain from our main
domain.   We have one zone file for everything in the wnyric.org domain,
including the appropriate entries for sherman.wnyric.org.  They are trying
to communicate with a vendor that outsources their mail to a company
"bluetie.com"  That company is refusing to accept mail because
sherman.wnyric.org does not have an NS record.  wnyric.org has NS records
defined.

Has anyone heard of such a requirement before?

--
The Kool-Aid from Redmond is powerful stuff.  -- Gregg Eldred

William Brown
Web Development & Messaging Services
Technology Services, WNYRIC, Erie 1 BOCES
(716)821-7285