GeoIP (was Re: [Mimedefang] 100K SA limit doesn't seem to be enough any more :()

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Mar 19 10:12:05 EDT 2008

Jan-Pieter Cornet wrote:

> By the way, you're not blocking the largest spam source in the world:
> .us. Just a helpful hint.

Indeed.

> (Then again, if this mail wasn't sent through the mailing list, you
> wouldn't even receive it, unless you have me whitelisted :)

Well, although he's blocking NL, he doesn't seem to be blocking CA,
so you should be OK.  Just send messages through GMail/Hotmail/Yahoo if
you want to get around GeoIP blocking.

I remember being on a support call with a customer of ours who asked
how he could block mail from Canada.  The mind boggles...

Regards,

David (who lives and works in Canada.)