[Mimedefang] RE: Mimedefang 2.64 can't find SpamAssassin

Simon Standley si at yacc.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 11:39:35 EST 2008

I might have solved this one myself.

Info for those in a similar position ....

I wasn't quite right about the sample filter - I was using an old version & install kit gave me a .rpmnew version. Didn't notice that ~:(

Main difference between the two was introduction of  detect_and_load_perl_modules().

Newer example worked fine. Working  detect_and_load_perl_modules() into my old and trusted filter got mine working too.

There you go. Simple really.

Then searched back for  detect_and_load_perl_modules in the archives, and guess what I found:

      2005-02-14  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

	*  mimedefang.pl: We don't detect and load Perl modules until
	the detect_and_load_perl_modules() function is called.

	*** NOTE INCOMPATIBILITY ***

	You *MUST* call detect_and_load_perl_modules() inside your filter
	before you can rely on the %Features hash being set correctly,
	and before you can rely on SpamAssassin being loaded!!!

Guess I've just been lucky all these years :)