[Mimedefang] Mimedefang 2.64 can't find SpamAssassin

Simon Standley si at yacc.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 09:09:44 EST 2008

Guys,

I'm installing a new machine.

Fedora 8 O/S
Mimedefang 2.64 as it comes with Fedora 8
Spamassassin 3.2.4, as it comes with Fedora 8

The same old mimedefang-filter I've been using quite happily with mimedefang 2.62, but that's kind of irrelevant, since problem also happens with 'sample' filter.

Problem is, $Features{"SpamAssassin"} is being set to '0' in mimedefang.pl, so mimedefang ignores spamassassin.

If I build a small stand-alone perl script that just does:

if (!defined($Features{"SpamAssassin"})) {
            (eval 'use Mail::SpamAssassin (); $Features{"SpamAssassin"} = 1;')
                or $Features{"SpamAssassin"} = 0;
        }

print "Its ",$Features{"SpamAssassin"};

$Features{"SpamAssassin"} is set to '1'.

On machine that works and new one, Spamassassin is in the same place:

/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

Thanks

Si.