[Mimedefang] re_match in filter_begin

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 4 16:32:59 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 11:28:50AM -0500, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> >Why don't you simply use both scanners all the time? Performance
> >issues? Afraid of false positives?
>
> Solely performance issues.  We scan EVERYTHING for virii but only about 1%
> of email for spam.

Well, clamav is basically a virus scanner. And since recent versions
it is pretty fast, too (since 0.90 if you don't count the startup time,
since 0.91 it's fast everywhere).

Although some people add databases for spam signatures...

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!