[Mimedefang] re_match in filter_begin

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue Mar 4 11:22:58 EST 2008

> I'd suggest to use message_contains_virus_clamav() directly, it is still a
> supported interface function (end existed before
> message_contains_virus()).

Nah, that would be too easy.  Seriously though, I switched as you suggested.
Far better.

> BTW: I use ClamAV for all messages; as Jan-Pieter, I also wonder why you
> use ClamAV for .doc's only. Actually, I had problems with the old f-prot
> engine on .doc's, but ClamAV does not seem to give false positives.

This was more of an exercise in doing alternate things based on a particular
scenario.  While it might be a doc today, tomorrow it might be something
else so I was working on a framework.

Anyway, the fact that Symantec and McAfee are STILL not identifying this
document as dangerous is a great feather in ClamAV's cap, no doubt.

Regards,
KAM