[Mimedefang] how to block jpg and gif attachements for some users

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 26 09:15:26 EDT 2008

--On Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:18 +0530 Indunil Jayasooriya
<indunil75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running postfix, Spam Assassin, ClamAV, MailScanner on CentOS 5.
> Now, I need to  block jpg and gif attachements for some users . No
> rescritions for the rest of users .
>
> Can mimedefang do it?

What if there is more than one recipient?  A milter normally takes the
same action for all recipients.  A simple rule would check whether any
recipient is in the list, and if so, remove jpg and gif parts.  There's
a nice built-in function that will replace the parts with a text of
your choice that says the parts were removed.

If you need to split the recipient list, and deliver with those parts
to some people and without those parts to others, then it gets more
interesting.  Possible, but more interesting.

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer

PS- But png is OK then?