[Mimedefang] unsubscribe

Joshua Graham jgraham at tranxition.com
Wed Jun 25 18:13:28 EDT 2008

unsubscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com
[mailto:mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com] On Behalf Of
Richard J. Kieran
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:02 AM
To: Tomasz Ostrowski
Cc: mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] SA-Bayes not working..

Tomasz Ostrowski <tometzky at batory.org.pl> writes:
>On 2008-06-25 14:46, Richard J. Kieran wrote:
>> Tomasz Ostrowski <tometzky at batory.org.pl> writes:
>>> How did you save and restore a Bayes database?
>> I did it the same way you did.
>
>Looks good. Slightly strange location of bayes database and insecure
>permissions of it, but this should not brake it.
>
>Try this:
># su -s /bin/bash - defang
>$ spamassassin -D -p /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf -t \
>  < /usr/share/doc/spamassassin-*/sample-spam.txt 2>&1 | grep -i bayes
Results:

 pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
-0.0 NO_RELAYS              Informational: message was not relayed via
SMTP
1000 GTUBE                  BODY: Generic Test for Unsolicited Bulk
Email
-2.6 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
                            [score: 0.0052]
-0.0 NO_RECEIVED            Informational: message has no Received
headers
Looks like Bayes worked. However, when sending it from another email
server to this one, the tests are:

No sign of Bayes. It's not because I'm a whitelisted recipient, is it?

>Also show us a fragment of your /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter where it is
>running spamassassin. This starts with
>	if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}

 if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
        if (-s "./INPUTMSG" < 405*1024) {
            # Only scan messages smaller than 405kB.  Larger messages
            # are extremely unlikely to be spam, and SpamAssassin is
            # dreadfully slow on very large messages.
            my($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();
            action_change_header("X-Spam-Tests", "$names");
            action_change_header("X-Spam-Hits", "$hits");

          if ($hits >= $req) {
                md_graphdefang_log('is_spam', "$hits/$req\[$names\]",
$RelayAddr);
 # This is the part that bounces the SPAM:
                my($bouncemsg)="";
                if(@Recipients == 1) {
                        my($newrecipient)= $Recipients[0];
                        $newrecipient =~ s/\@/-nsdlvb\@/;
                        $bouncemsg="Your message was rejected as spam by
our spamfilter. Please resend to ".$newrecipient.". Do not use this as a
permanent address. It will change on the first of every month.";
                } else {
                        $bouncemsg="Your message was rejected as spam by
our spamfilter. For assistance email help\@rhnet.org.";
                }
                md_syslog('err',"deleting\|$MessageID\|$hits\|$names");

                #Quarantine the spam if the score is not astronomical,
then reject it.
                if ($hits <= 7.5) {
                        action_quarantine_entire_message("Spam
quarantined by hoover.rhnet.org");
                }

                action_bounce($bouncemsg);

            } else {
                md_graphdefang_log('not_spam', "$hits/$req\[$names\]",
$RelayAddr);
            }
        }
    # send_quarantine_notifications();